Part of being a safe place means we are okay with questions. Asking questions is part of who we are. Below is a list of common questions we've received over the years. If you have a question that you don't see answered here, contact us and we will answer as best we can.
What denomination is Mountain Park?
- Mountain Park is part of the Church of God movement with headquarters in Anderson, IN. We consider our affiliation with the Church of God the best of both worlds. On the one hand, we are part of something bigger than ourselves - we are part of the larger Church. On the other hand, we are a self-governing church - free to direct vision and style according to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
How do I become a member?
- Do you give to, serve with, or pray for Mountain Park? If yes, then you are a member, or what we like to call our CORE. Being part of the CORE at Mountain Park is directly related to your involvement in our church community.
How do I join a small group?
- Finding a small group is easy. Click here to launch our small group app. Search by zip code, group type, and other criteria to locate a group that will meet when and where works best for you.
What groups do you have available for men?
- We have several small groups (d.groups) to help men explore or deepen their faith while hanging out with other men. Click here to find a group. Another way you can immediately get involved is to join the Maintenance Team, which helps to maintain our campus. Click here to ask questions about the Maintenance Team. If you want to talk with someone directly about opportunities for men to connect email Jim Cooper or Curtis McFarland, our Co-Directors of Men's Ministry.
What groups do you have available for women?
- By attending Empower either Wednesday nights or Thursday mornings (during the school year) you'll have the opportunity to begin building relationships with other women. We also have several women's d.groups that meet in homes. You can learn more about Women's Ministry here. If you want to talk with someone directly about opportunities for women to connect you can email Rita Puckett, or Director of Women's Ministry.
What kind of activities do you have available for kids?
- Our Children's Ministry offers age appropriate programs for children ages birth-5th grade. In addition our Family Ministry coordinates a monthly Family Day for parents to join their kids in an exciting Saturday event. You can learn more about our Children's Ministry here.
How do I volunteer?
- If you're ready to get in the game and start volunteering at Mountain Park, check out our Serve tab up at the top. You'll find many opportunities to volunteer and serve in a wide range of areas within the church, the city, and the world.