Sunday May 22 will be our morning to give to our Spring Outreach Offering. What makes this opportunity to give financially special from other Sunday celebrations is that every dollar given, unless otherwise specified, goes to support the outreach causes we have adopted for Mountain Park. Most recently you may recall our involvement in Feed My Starving Chlidren. Through outreach giving we were able to package over 100,000 meals for starving children around the world and an additional 45,000 meals for families in Japan affected by the earthquake and insuing tsunami.
Where Is the Money Going?
Leading up to the Spring Outreach Offering we'd love to help inform you on where the money is going and how it is affecting lives for Jesus. If you have any additional questions about Outreach Ministry at Mountain Park you can contact our Outreach Director, Lori Hall. Here is how we are distributing the 22nd offering:
Arizona & US Partnerships - $21,000
- Local Benevolence - An ongoing outreach effort by Mountain Park to provide housing, food, emergency utility help, counseling and other financial assistance to people in our community. Requests for assistance are researched and managed responsibly. $15,000
- From Gangs to Jobs - This organization helps troubled young men (18-30yrs) develop job and life skills. Learn more about this organization here. $2,000
- Arizona Association of the Church of God - AACOG sponsors children’s, youth and family camps, supports new churches and encourages pastors & lay leaders. $4,000
International Partnerships - $24,000
- Feed My Starving Children - This non-profit Christian organization is committed to feeding God’s children in nearly 70 countries around the world. Our relationship with FMSC began this year with a food packaging event that provided 100,000 meals to impoverished children and more than 45,000 meals to families in Japan. $6,000
- Reaching Unengaged People Groups - Andrea & Jon Hoefer - Now training to take the Gospel to those who have never heard of Jesus and serve among the tribal peoples. They and their two children, Kaydence and Gideon, are worshipping here at Mountain Park while Jon completes his training as a missionary pilot and mechanic. To learn more visit bit.ly/hoeferstory. $10,000
- Reaching Unengaged People Groups - Children of Promise International provides physical and spiritual care for orphans among unreached people groups through Christ-centered orphanages; includes nutrition programs, free schools, higher education opportunities and family assistance. Mountain Park has supported seven children through CPI for more than nine years.$1,000
- Heart to Honduras - Mountain Park supports our sister church in El Progreso as they empower their people by providing clean water to communities, training future church leaders and investing in other development projects. We also provide monthly support to our Heart to Honduras partner, Gordon Garrett. $7,000